Chat Mods monitor and maintain decorum in chat. Things to do: - Keep an eye on the chat window when possible.
- WARN members when they:
Spam comments (repeating silly comments repeatedly, with little interaction)
Spam links (excessive posting of links off sites or to their personal pages or topics). Ok some links are ok, 3 links in 30 minutes is too much.
- SUSPEND members FROM Chat when warnings are ignored
- Issue an IMMEDIATE SUSPEND FOR THESE:
Become abusive to other members
Use swear words
Show links to porn
How to Suspend: Click on the user name in the members window, a list of options will appear. Select “Suspend from Chat” and select a time period (use your discretion), then click the name again to close the list.
It will take a couple of minutes for the suspension to take effect. Its useful to inform the member that they are being suspended.
Other things to do: - Greet members who come into chat, especially if they are the only ones online. - Help with common issues such as “why aren’t my pics/videos being accepted?” (Its usually because they did not observe the rules for posting pics and videos.
- If a member has an issue with something in a blog comment, forum, or photos, they can use the “Report an Issue” link that is on the lower-right side of every page. Then I will see the page in question.
Repeated significant issues with a member, tell me about it and I can BAN them from the site. Generally I want to see the issues in blog posts, comments, or the forum before I will issue a BAN.
Things to NOT do. - Don’t make a big deal of your admin status to others. - Don’t suspend for your own personal reasons.
- Don’t become argumentative
I don’t have an issue with: - I don’t mind the ‘fight club’ games, as long as others are enjoying it - Simple swearing is ok, such as ‘damn’ and ‘darn’ and maybe ‘shit’ or “sucks”.
- Talking about “gay” is not nice, particularly if its applied to a person, but if its use in abstract, such as “that Glee show is so gay”, Its ok.
- Similarly, the chat is not a place to talk of religion and politics
Any questions just ask me.